What To Expect At a Deposition
If you have reached the deposition stage of your personal injury lawsuit, you are likely concerned this phase of the process will derail your momentum towards a favorable outcome. Ensuring the deposition is successful is vital to your overall case which is why it requires the preparation and guidance of a Brooklyn personal injury lawyer, such as ours at Koenigsberg & Associates Law Offices.
It is vital you remember the following for your deposition:
- A deposition is not a conversation. You need to be prepared for the strict and limiting nature of this process. Every word out of your mouth is recorded and can be used against you. Do not respond with more than 1-2 sentences because speaking more allows the opposition the chance to find inconsistencies in your story.
- If you don’t remember the answer or don’t understand the question, don’t be afraid to say so.
- You will be cornered with many “yes or no” questions. Don’t get locked into answers and “I don’t recall” may be a safer answer.
- Dress professionally but keep your comfort in mind.
- You can ask to see any records or reports the defense lawyer is referencing so as to not be caught off guard.
- Lastly, don’t hesitate to ask for breaks if you need them as a deposition is often taxing, drawn-out, and very draining.
Brooklyn Personal Injury Lawyers Offering Top-Rated Counsel & Representation
Our Brooklyn legal team at Koenigsberg & Associates Law Offices has the tenacity and expertise to help you through what is one of the hardest times of your life. We are committed to seeing you through this experience as effortlessly and efficiently as possible.
If you are injured, don’t wait. Call (718) 690-3132 at your earliest convenience to reach one of our representatives.