With over 25 years of experience, we know how to fight for you and help you win what you deserve. Please reach out to us today to schedule your consultation.
Speak with an NYC Rideshare Accident Attorney
Ridesharing services have become incredibly popular, especially in New York City. While apps such as Uber or Lyft have made commuting easier, they also introduce some unique legal concerns when it comes to accidents and injuries sustained by passengers or other drivers.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, contact the Brooklyn rideshare accident lawyers at Koenigsberg & Associates Law Offices are prepared to leverage our experience and resources to help you recover the financial compensation you deserve!
Why Clients Choose Us:
- 25+ Years of Experience Handling Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
- Millions of Dollars in Compensation Recovered for the Injured
- 24/7 Legal Assistance & Personalized Service
- No Recovery, No Fee
Rideshare Accidents & Personal Injury Claims
Accidents involving rideshare services introduce legal elements that are not found in typical car accidents.
- Some rideshare services classify drivers as independent contractors rather than employees, which may lead them to quickly deny injury claims.
- Rideshare services don’t vet drivers the same way most commercial companies do – nearly anyone can drive for a rideshare company with minimal qualifications.
- Drivers for services like Uber and Lyft must use smartphone applications to service customers, which can create dangerous distractions on the road.
It is important to note rideshare insurance companies contain clauses that may affect coverage depending on whether a driver is performing a trip through the application.
- A company’s commercial insurance coverage will cover drivers while they are physically performing trips using an app. For instance, an Uber driver performing a trip is covered by a $1 million liability policy that includes third-party liability and uninsured / underinsured coverage.
- When an app is off, a driver’s personal auto insurance must cover an accident, as most rideshare companies do not consider a driver “off the clock” when the application is not being used.
- When the app in on and a driver is available or in between trips, coverage may be provided by a driver’s personal insurance and/or a rideshare company’s contingent liability coverage, which has lower policy limits.
Call (718) 690-3132 to request a FREE consultation!
Due to the unique nature of rideshare accidents, it’s important to work with experienced lawyers who can wade through the legal haze. Our Brooklyn rideshare accident attorneys can help level the playing field with rideshare services and insurance companies that only want to deny and limit payouts to injured victims. Whatever facts may be involved in a case – such as if a driver was “on-the-clock” or in between trips – we will work tirelessly to pursue the maximum compensation possible.
"I greatly, greatly appreciate everyone on your staff. Such professionalism! Kudos to all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!"Jose M.
A Proven Record of Client Satisfaction
Offering 24/7 Availability & Free Initial Consultations
Thousands of Injury Cases Handled Successfully
Personalized Attention & Skilled Assistance
You Won’t Pay Unless We Win Your Case
More Than 25 Years of Legal Experience