Bronx Personal Injury Attorney
Protecting Your Rights in New York City
If you have sustained a negligence-related injury in the Bronx, seek the help of Koenigsberg & Associates Law Offices. Our Bronx personal injury attorneys can help you file an injury claim against the individual or party responsible for your injuries so that you may obtain compensation for all your injury-related costs, including medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more.
After carefully assessing all the details associated with your case, we will create and file a claim that reflects your specific needs, such as the need for long-term medical care. We will relentlessly protect your rights as an injured individuals.
Call (718) 690-3161 to request an initial consultation with our team of Bronx injury lawyers.
Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled in NYC
With more than 25 years of experience, we have successfully handled thousands of personal injury cases of varying complexity. Some of our top case results include:
- $7,000,000 for a bus passenger who suffered a neck injury
- $5,750,000 for a worker who fell off of a ladder
- $3,500,000 for a pedestrian who was struck by a private bus
- $2,300,000 for a man who injured his neck and knee in a car accident
Our Bronx personal injury lawyers have a reputation for providing legal representation of the highest quality. We will handle all the paperwork related to your case so that you can focus on your recovery and spending time with your loved ones. With our help, you may recover compensation for your medical bills, physical therapy, lost wages, and physical therapy. There is no reason why you and your family should experience financial strain as a result of someone else’s careless actions.
We are familiar with the tactics employed by insurance companies in order to lowball injured victims. With years of negotiation experience dealing with large insurance companies, our strategic efforts have led to countless substantial settlements over the years. We are unafraid to do whatever it takes to ensure that our clients get a fair amount of compensation.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Thousands of people are injured in New York City every year. When those injuries are caused by negligence, justice demands to be served. The Bronx injury attorneys at Koenigsberg & Associates Law Offices have decades of experience representing a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents - These are the most common cause of injury and death in NYC. Negligent drivers can cause immense harm to other drivers and pedestrians. Some of the most common causes of car accidents are distracted driving, drunk driving, and reckless driving.
- Truck accidents - Accidents involving big-rigs, trash trucks, and other commercial vehicles almost always involve catastrophic injuries and death. Truck drivers can commit negligence like any other motorist, but trucking companies and truck manufacturers can also be responsible for these collisions.
- Bus accidents - City and private buses are supposed to be safe. However, on the busy streets of New York City, bus drivers can easily have accidents with other vehicles and even pedestrians. Additionally, buses can have defective parts that cause accidents.
- Construction accidents - Construction workers are at high risk of serious injury and death even when proper safety measures are being taken. However, property owners, motorists, and other third-parties can cause even more devasting harm when they are negligent.
- Bicycle accidents - Bicyclists are especially vulnerable to catastrophic injuries in the event of an accident. When motorists fail to watch carefully for bicyclists, they need to be held accountable for the harm they cause.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in New York?
New York has a three year statute of limitations on personal injury claims. This means you have three years from the date of your injury to file a claim or you may lose your right to compensation. If your claim is against a city or county in New York the statute of limitation changes to 90 days to file a formal claim and one year to file a lawsuit. Likewise, you have 90 days to file a formal claim against the state of New York.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover with a Personal Injury Claim?
Damage is another word for compensation that is awarded to a claimant. Generally, there are two main types of damages available in a personal injury case, economic and non-economic.
Economic damages compensate for financial losses such as:
- The inability to work
- Medical expenses
- Damage to personal property
Non-economic damages, as the name suggests, compensates for more abstract sufferings such as pain and suffering. Given their abstract nature, non-economic damages are sometimes called “general damages.”
Additionally, punitive damages are available in some cases however they are not often awarded. Unlike economic and non-economic damages the purpose of punitive damages is to punish the negligent party and are generally, only awarded when the negligent party knew their actions would most likely cause harm and did so anyway.
Questions? Contact Koenigsberg & Associates Law Offices Today.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about your options and how you should proceed. Our team will remain at your side until your case is finalized in the most favorable manner possible. You don’t have to face this alone - call us today to learn more about your rights and options.